Life in 5
1 Kings 12:15-15 So the king did not listen to the people, for this turn of events was from the LORD, tofulfil the word the LORD had spoken to Jeroboam son of Nebat through Ahijah the Shilonite.
- I want to highlight this from the above scripture- “Turn of events was from the Lord”.
Certain events are going to turn. Specific turnarounds are going to be from the Lord. You will not die of that disease, instead you will be healed and glorify God.
Romans 8:29-30- For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those He predestined, He also called; and those He called, He also justified; and those He justified, He also glorified.
THE FIVE STAGES OF YOUR LIFE
- A person who is not born again has only two life stages- Birth and death, Womb to Tomb. But a person or a child of God who is born again has five stages of life.
- In the Book of Job, he only spoke of two stages, naked I came from my mother’s tomb and naked will I return. But in the New Testament, the Holy Spirit says to the church, God hasn’t called you to come and go naked but to do some extraordinary things through your life for His glory.
- The five stages of life are accessible only if they receive Jesus and walk with him, only when they receive Jesus as the Lord and Master of their lives.
- Have any of you seen the fridge in my house? No. Why? Because you don’t have a relationship with me, you don’t keep coming to my house and enter my kitchen. If you have a relationship with Jesus, only then will the Lord be able to show you what He has kept for you.
- When we used to go to school in earlier days, the teacher called out attendance. Names would be called out by the teacher-Jerry, Thommen, present Sir, Gouthami, present sir. Most of us knew each other by name but none of us had a relationship with the teacher to know what was going on in his/ her life. Similarly, people can come to church, and worship in church but unless you connect and walk with the Father of the House who is the Lord,
You are not born just to die. You need to know that God has a plan for you here on earth to do something awesome throughout your life.
- When Paul encountered Jesus, and started his relationship with HIM, the Holy Spirit gave him revelation.
Romans 8:29-30- 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.
1) STAGE 1- FOREKNOWLEDGE
- God foreknew us. He knew us even before the foundation of the earth was laid. 2) STAGE 2- PREDESTINED
- God did not call us to become like Shahrukh khan, Aishwarya Rai or Narendra Modi ji but we were predestined to become like Jesus Christ.
- What does it mean to be like Christ? Have a long beard, and long hair and walk around wearing a Jewish robe? No! It is not external, but it is inward.
IT IS INWARD. It is a working of God’s grace and working of God’s Spirit inside you to make you like Jesus.
- Aren’t you excited about this? you may have clapped more if you heard a word saying your visa and job is fixed, etc!
- In this one thing, you don’t have a choice. Jesus Christ alone is your example. You should follow only after Jesus because you have to be like Him. Not like the Samaritan woman, not like Mary, Elizabeth or Zacchaeus but the one who you must become like and follow after is Jesus Christ alone.
GOD’s dream is to make your inside like Jesus. God wants you to be a lion inside.
- No matter what comes against you in your life, you need to roar against it like a lion. May the Holy Spirit release grace and strength in your inner man
Joel Osteen's father, John Osteen’s had a son with cerebral palsy. But John Osteen realised God would do an amazing work in this child. There was a roar inside that child.
You have the lion of Judah inside of you. you are not called to be cornered by your circumstances. Jesus was a Master in thought, Word and action. You have to follow Him.
- Jesus spat into the mud and rubbed it on the blind man’s eyes. Thank God he wasn’t COVID conscious. If he was, then he would never have received his sight. A lot of people are still COVID conscious. They don’t want to come into places where crowds gather. They avoid coming to church. However, he had a consciousness that he was coming to Jesus. Don’t be afraid of COVID. You have to come close to Jesus
3) STAGE 3- CALLED
- God calls us. God called Moses, God called Samuel and Saul! “Samuel, Samuel!” “Saul, Saul!” He called him twice. Why? Because they had two ears. When you see some people, it feels like they have only one ear and two tongues. Some people have been coming to church and listening to gospel preaching or years but still don’t know that they are called by God. You need to know that God has called you.
- When we hear the word call, we immediately imagine that it is ministry. We think that we will get the mike in our hands.
Called is to be a disciple of Jesus. God has called you to be a disciple.
- If you get the mike without first becoming a disciple, you will fall flat after some time but if you first become a disciple, then at the right time God will give you a mike too. You need to know that you are called.
The year before the last, we were interacting with a prophet from Kenya over a Zoom meeting, he was the one who swore in the Kenyan president. He said to me, the Lord has shown your wife a dream years ago and asked me to go and check with my wife. I called her and she mentioned that God had shown her a dream 20 years ago of fire burning across India. That signifies the revival of the Holy Spirit. The man of God went on to tell us that we were called to stand in the forefront of this revival. God had brought us both together for it! He continued to tell us that the foundation of
that will be God blessing you with one more child. That child will be a male child. God will generate some powerful and fresh move of the Holy Spirit with the birth of this child. Praise be to the name of Jesus. I was very happy with the three girls. Either I should have been a fool to have a child at 50 or it should be faith. This was God’s doing.
- Give glory to God. It was exactly a month after this prophecy that Tanya became pregnant and it was a surprise to both of us! That is because God has got a plan. God predestined the birth of this child.
- God's purpose is never revealed by looking at your fingerprints of hand reading and not by looking at the movement of the stars. But it is the Holy Spirit writing about it in His Word. • When people ask you what is your future looking at? Remember that song- Qué será, será; Whatever will be, will be. The future's not ours to see; Qué será, será!
- There is only one who knows the future- the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. His name is Jesus. Let the Holy Spirit show you your future. Your future is not determined by a star or by time. It is determined by an Almighty God.
- What is it to be predestined? We think of it as reaching a destination. We think it is the end. But actually, it is the pathway to the outcome. Where you should live, who you should marry, where you should study, everything God has a plan. God has to lead you!
- God’s wisdom is so important. You miss out on what God has predestined of you if you are missing out on God’s wisdom from His Word.
If you are a fool, you are not cool! Sometimes people act cool but the truth is that they have no clue what's happening in their lives.
- I was also called. It feels like yesterday that God called me. Any born-again child of God, any person who has a relationship with Jesus is called. We are called to reveal Christ wherever we are. • Many do not speak about Jesus in their workplaces but are eager to get on the pulpit in church. The calling becomes bolder and brighter only when you walk as a disciple and when you will experience the fullness of his calling and see it unfold.
God doesn’t call the perfect. God doesn’t call the capable. But when the capable are not available, God will make the available capable.
- That is the anointing. That is the work of the Holy Spirit. When the Holy Spirit comes upon you, will will be HIS witnesses in Judea, Samaria and the ends of the earth.
Walking in the calling of Jesus is the most beautiful thing.
If you are not fulfilling your calling, you are falling
- You might be healthy, wealthy and smart but if you have not stepped out into God’s calling then you are missing out. God is telling someone not to run away from your calling like Jonah did. There is a ship to take you to Nineveh and also a ship to take you to Tarshish. Go only the way the Lord wants you to go. Don’t try to do or prove something to anybody and take your own way.
4) STAGE 4- JUSTIFICATION
- Justification is for those who is walking in the calling. Justification means just as if I had never sinned. When you look at a glass of wine, it is red, when the Heavenly Father looks at you, He sees the Blood of Jesus. He doesn’t see your sins, your weaknesses, your failures, but when HE looks at you, He sees the precious Blood of Jesus. If you are happy, praise God!
- This is a stage of life where you have dedicated your life to Jesus. When God looks at you, He can’t see any wrong in anything you have done. Not what you do, but what you have done! But God is not looking at it. That is Justification. He only sees the Blood of His son. • The called-out ones are justified. May the Holy Spirit give you that experience deep within.
Do not walk in the guilt feeling but walk in the consciousness that you are a righteous child of God made clean by the Blood of Jesus.
- You may need your Jane, you may have your drink and packet of cigarettes under your bed. You may be watching unwanted things on your phone but the moment you repent, the Blood of Jesus washes you and makes you clean.
In the journey of predestination, which is the part that God has not justified in you?
- Let’s take the example of a couple married for 24 years. The wife may not always smile and offer you tea, may fight with you sometimes, and may be angry at times, but even in those moments she still is your wife. The fact that she is your wife doesn't change. It is a constant in the journey! Similarly, in your journey with Jesus, do you feel at times that you are not the child of God? those
thoughts are from the devil. If you are born again, every day you are HIS child. This is the gospel of Jesus Christ. This is the good news.
- When you walk with Him, He has justified you by the Blood of Jesus. But please don’t get naughty just because of this! You stay away from sin because you feel that you don’t want to pain and hurt your Lord. ‘The God who saved you healed you and forgave you, I will not hurt Him’.
- People struggle with depression. The root cause of depression is self-centeredness. You need to take your focus off yourself and keep your focus on the Lord.
- Guilt comes when you feel I shouldn’t have done this or that. But when you know that you are a child of God and that you are justified, you will go to God just the way you are and be open before Him and say ‘Lord I am sorry, I made a mistake’.
5) STAGE 5- GLORIFICATION
- Those who are justified are glorified!
- Glorification. We have all studied and learnt one thing- Do not take God’s glory. Give glory to God, no doubt but we need to have the realisation that God wants you to be a partaker of His glory!
- The child has to look like the father. Not from womb to tomb but from Glory to Glory. The Holy Spirit is moving some of you to the next level of glory.
Only one who does not have Jesus is from womb to tomb but for a believer, it is from glory to glory. What is glory? What makes God GOD is glory. Brilliance, brightness, favour, beauty, elegance.
- God is making his church beautiful. It’s His glory!
- We may look at the stars or the sky and say Wow, the sky looks glorious and Wow, look at the sea, it looks beautiful. But how much more is the beauty of the Body of Christ!
The Holy Spirit is moving you to the next level of glory.
Glory is both a declaration and a decoration. It is how God decorates you with his glory, favour, brilliance, and presence.
- Some may say, ‘pastor, there is no glory in my life I have only problems, I am diseased, and in debt’. But today if you are having a relationship with Jesus, He will reveal His glory over your life. • There is a glory for the bride. If the church is the bride of Christ, God has kept the glory for you. understand that. At a wedding ceremony, not many notice the bridegroom but everyone eagerly
waits to see the bride. We admire the glory of a bride at a wedding ceremony. • It is time for Jesus to come back on the clouds. Get ready church to receive Jesus in the clouds. His bride, get ready! Glory is always evident.
- IN John 2, a situation where the family could be ashamed before the people of the village. The wine had run out in a wedding. You may be thinking that your situation will put you to shame before people but God will intervene for you. This is a prophetic Word for someone.
- Jesus did a miracle. He commanded the servants of that house, to bring the empty jars in that house, fill the water from that house etc. Everything Jesus commanded was from that house.
The solution is in your home for the glory to be seen.
- Don’t call the neighbours, pastors and counsellors to find solutions when you have a problem in your home. What sorts it out is the glory of God in your home.
- May the Lord’s glory descend upon certain homes today. May the Lord send solutions into your homes.
- When Glory is revealed, your poverty, debt, and suicidal thoughts will leave. Your weaknesses will leave, and God will prepare a table for you in the presence of your enemies. That is glory. • Walk in your calling, walk in a relationship with God. There is no change in His Word. God will do a miracle for you. You will not be in the same place that you were in God is going to do a miracle for you.