The High Hand of God
Sunday Sermon By Pastor Rajesh Mathew, 12 March 2023
Job 40: 9- Have you an arm like God?
Or can you thunder with a voice like His?
Exodus 14:8-8 And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh king of Egypt, and he pursued the children of Israel, and the children of Israel went out with boldness/ with aHigh Hand.
With a High Hand we are going forth.
Luke 7:13-14-3 When the Lord saw her, He had compassion on her and said to her, “Donot weep.” 14 Then He came and touched the open coffin, and those who carried him stood still. And He said, “Young man, I say to you, arise.”
The vision the Lord has put inside me is Jesus opening his arm towards you. Jesus touched the very thing that everyone else was afraid to touch. He touched the impossible-looking dead body and brought the boy back to life. This morning the Lord’s hand will touch the situations that look chanceless, impossible, or absolutely tough! He will touch. He will come upon the very thing that looks like it will kill, destroy and shut you up in a pit.
- Jesus touched a family that was in pain. The father had died. And now even the child had died. She was a widow and she was also an orphan with nobody she could call hers. The Lord came to that coffin which carried the boy’s body. Wherever Jesus enters, the dead will depart from that place. When Jesus comes, diseases leave and miracles happen.
- Even this morning, if you are certain that Jesus is in our midst and if you would only believe that if He touches something, miracles will happen upon that very thing, you see it! • The devil wants to make you cry. The devil wants to isolate you and make you feel alone. The devil wants to destroy everything that you have. But Jesus came to give you life and life in all its abundance.
- Jesus did not come to make you alone. Not to hurt you and cause you pain but to give you joy and gladness. He removes your cry and releases the joy of the Holy Spirit into you.
Jesus says don’t cry. The Hebrew word for don’t cry is ‘don’t cry’. In Greek is ‘don’t cry’. Jesus did not come to make you cry! The very issue that is making you cry, you may not even know what it is but Jesus knows. Heaven will send you an answer.
- Jesus said don’t cry. People also tell us not to cry but they don’t have a solution. But here Jesus tells us not to cry and he also brings a solution.
- When Jesus places His High Hand upon you, things will change. Let His healing power and touch come upon you, may you experience it.
- When Jesus touched death, death vanished. Your problem is not too big for God.
In the Bible, Deuteronomy 6:21-23-21 then you shall say to your son: ‘We were slaves of Pharaoh in Egypt, and the LORD brought us out of Egypt with a mighty hand; 22 and the LORD showed signs and wonders before our eyes, great and severe, against Egypt,
Pharaoh, and all his household. 23 Then He brought us out from there, that He might bring us in, to give us the land of which He [a]swore to our fathers.
- The Lord brought the people out with a MIGHTY HAND. It is a HAND that delivers you and sets you free.
There are three things that the Mighty Hand of God does:
- it brings you out
- it deals with/tackles your enemies
- it takes you to your promised land. This Hand will drag you into HIS promise for you.
- I don’t know what struggles you are going through. But I know that His MIGHTY HAND will be revealed.
1 Peter 5:6-6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He mayexalt you in due time,
Humble yourself under His mighty hand. If you are already on the floor, you can’t fall!
- If you are ready to submit and humble yourself under the Mighty hand of God, that mighty Hand will lift you up! Are you ready? You cannot fall when you are under the HIGH-HAND OF GOD.
- There are people who are so deep that they can’t even ask for prayer. I know pastors also like that. Apostle Paul himself said, “pray for me that I may make known the mysteries of the gospel without fear”. Many people think it is below them to ask for prayer. I am asking you to pray for me. I need your prayer.
- If you humble yourself, God will lift you up. I don’t want your money. I only need your prayer. If you pray, if you humble yourself, HE WILL LIFT YOU.
Don’t over-respect the devil. But don’t ignore him either.
- His Mighty Hand will make you stand in the midst of your enemies and make you enter into the Promised Land.
- Don’t forget that there is an enemy who tries to stop you from possessing your promise. Don’t underestimate him neither should you overestimate him. Humble yourself and resist him, and he will flee from you. May every hold of the enemy be broken from you.
In the Old Testament there is a phrase, the Arm of God which signifies the Father in heaven.
Isaiah 53:1- Who has believed our message and to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?
- The FINGER OF GOD refers to and reveals the Holy Spirit
- The MIGHTY HAND OF GOD or THE ARM OF THE LORD refers to GOD the FATHER Because the Lord’s Arms are open towards you, He will release all the blessings you need over your life. He will release it. It will fill your life.
- THE SHOULDER OF GOD refers to Jesus- He stretched out His arms and died for us. Because there are two wounds in the palms of Jesus, if you sit under his palms, everything
will flow to you through his palm- goodness, mercy, finances, peace, health, wholeness, anointing and blessing. Everything will find you and fill your life!
It was HIS HAND that took Ezekiel to the valley of dry bones. There he was asked to prophesy. One man of God said that anointed people know their time of breakthrough and when they begin to speak under the Holy Spirit at that moment as led by the Spirit, all that they speak will come to pass. That is what I am doing this morning.
- May the Holy Spirit show you what to speak. You may see your child as a failure but the Lord sees him as a worship leader, an IAS officer, a pastor, and a prophet! Speak it over your child.
- God has big plans for you. Speak it in faith and not just for show. Do you believe that God has called you for a big purpose? I believe that from GOD’s Word. Today, God is making you hear this Word because HE has big plans for you, your business, your family, and your children. God makes your impossibilities into possibilities. We are too used to hearing these words. This morning, look within yourself and see if there is faith in you.
If God’s High hand is upon you, then something will happen!
PG Varghese uncle would ask only those who have faith in their hearts to come forward for prayers for healing. Those who did not believe needn’t bother stepping in front.
- It’s not your hand healing the sick. It is the High Hand of God coming upon your hand to heal the sick!
I have three kids and when we get a birthday cake for them to cut. We sing the birthday song and they lift up the knife to cut the cake, but they are too young to hold the knife. Usually, either the father or the mother will place their hands upon the child’s hand and make them cut. The child feels like he or she is cutting the cake but the reality is the hand of the parents in upon the child.
- When the Hand of the Lord comes upon you, you will move in his ability. • Exodus 14- It was the hand of the Lord that parted the Red Sea. It was not Moses’s rod. By a rod, will the sea part? It was the Hand of the Lord that came forth as soon as there was a sign of faith when Moses lifted up the rod.
Today the Holy Spirit is opening up a way where there seems to be no way!
- It was not Moses’s hand, it was the High Hand of God that came upon Moses’s hand. • May Lord open up ways in the midst of you. May ways be opened for ministries, for travels and for your visa. May the Lord who opened a way in the sea, open a way for you. May the Lord open ways for financial breakthroughs. May the Lord’s Hand open doors for you. May you hear happy news in the next 24 hours. May you hear good news!! The devil was following them closely to overpower them but God made a miraculous way.
THE VEGGIE STORY-Tomato, Potato and Onion were close friends. They were in the same school, the same tuition, the same football team. They were very close! They were thick friends. Only the onion was born again and it had received the anointing. They went to the beach one day. Potato went into the water to swim but he drowned. Tomato and
Onion cried inconsolably for hours mourning the death of potato their dear friend. They were coming back on NH 17 and a lorry went over the tomato! Onion cried terribly at the loss of another close friend. Then he prayed, “Lord what will happen when I die? My friends are dead and there will be no one to weep and mourn for me”. The Lord answered Onion’s prayers and gave him a special gift. The Lord said to Onion, “Whoever touches you, cuts you and chops you will all cry”. If you are a praying child, whoever touches you will cry! Tell your neighbour- don’t hurt me. You will cry. God has given me a special grace.
The Finger of God
Luke 11:20- But if I drive out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.
The finger of God reveals the power of the Holy Spirit.
- May the Lord give you an anointing to exercise the authority that you have in Christ, may you not walk in a ministry of fearing the devil but a ministry of sending the devil fleeing. • Nowadays demons are well-behaved. They have new names- Depression, fear, worry, new kinds of diseases, they have all taken on new and more decent forms!
- You need the grace to discern. Certain addictions are from the devil. Some people just can’t keep their mobile phones down. Certain behavioural traits are driven by the enemy. Negative thinking at all times, always suspicious of people. These are not godly traits but demonic traits. You need to recognise and discern them and take authority over them. In some families, there is guilt, negative speaking, and gossip that can even break homes.
The Finger of God will come upon us.
Exodus 8:18-19- 18 But when the magicians tried to produce gnats by their secret arts, they could not. Since the gnats were on people and animals everywhere, 19 the magicians said to Pharaoh, “This is the finger of God.” But Pharaoh’s heart was hard and he would not listen, just as the Lord had said.
- The magicians are saying that it is the finger of God. They also recognise it. Magicians and witchcraft cannot stand against us. I am the temple of the Holy Spirit. I have the Holy Spirit inside of me. Some families are going to see the fresh of the Holy Spirit in some homes. Certain bondages are breaking. The Finger of God will deliver you out of every power of the evil one.
Mark 7:33-33 After he took him aside, away from the crowd, Jesus put his fingers into the man’s ears. Then he spits and touched the man’s tongue.
- He put His finger in his ears. Then Jesus Spat. Jesus heals the deaf and the dumb boy. God doesn’t move in the way we would imagine Him to. He touched the lepers and they were healed, he touched and the blind were able to see.
If the Holy Spirit touches your eyes you will see eternity and you will see Jesus.
- You will see your ministry, you will see the blessing of the Lord. The Holy Spirit only needs to touch your eyes may you see miracles and may you see eternity. There is life beyond death. In Jesus alone is there eternal life. All it takes is the finger of God touching your eyes.
- Have you made Jesus Christ your own? The Finger of God will reveal Jesus. • When Jesus touched the ears, the ears opened. Be deaf to what your enemies say. Don’t listen to what people slander about you.
People who slander you really want to be like you.
I only listen to people who have done at least what God has made me do or more! • Don’t listen to your critic. Listen to what God says. That’s why God opens your ears. Anyone who bites your back in behind you. Backbiters are behind you.
- It is easier to go forward than to keep looking back. May the Holy Spirit strengthen you for it. I am going forward in the name of Jesus.
Exodus 14:2-3-2“Tell the Israelites to turn back and encamp near Pi Hahiroth, between Migdol and the sea. They are to encamp by the sea, directly opposite Baal Zephon. 3 Pharaoh will think, ‘The Israelites are wandering around the land in confusion, hemmed in by the desert.’
- Pharaoh is saying this- They are wandering in confusion. The devil may be telling you it is over for you and it is useless to trust in the Lord and to believe His Word.
Exocud 14:8-8 The LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh king of Egypt, so that he pursued the Israelites, who were marching out boldly/ with a HIGH HAND.
- They went out with a High hand. Pharaoh could only see the hands and legs of the Israelites. But he couldn’t see the Hand of God upon them. He could see Moses but not the hand of God upon Moses.
- This morning, if your perspective and vision change, you will see the Hand of God. Pharaoh saw 6 million people but couldn’t see the Hand of God. It is that Hand that delivers you, makes a way for you, opens up paths for you, provides for you, takes you to the very places that the enemy doesn’t want you to get to, and makes you rejoice. THANK YOU, JESUS!
The HAND OF GOD HAS NEVER LOST A BATTLE and God won’t experiment with you.
- If that Hand is upon you, you will go out mighty and the Lord will give you your breakthrough.
Exodus 14:10-10 As Pharaoh approached, the Israelites looked up, and there were the Egyptians, marching after them. They were terrified and cried out to the LORD.
- When Pharaoh encamps around us, we need to lift up our eyes, we need or see Jesus seated at the right hand of the throne of God. These Israelites had no weapons, no guns, no shields. The pharaoh’s army had all these. But the Israelites lifted up their eyes and saw the One they needed to and had to see- THE LORD!
- Jesus tasted death for you and me. He took our sin, shame and pain. Keep your eyes on Him. The battle belongs to the Lord and not you. Jesus plus you is more than enough.
When Pharaoh saw Moses, he wasn’t crying and pleading with Pharaoh. If you cry, just cry before God
- Not only will He wipe your tears but His hand will move for you. When you are in trouble look to Jesus.
- When you have a little need, you pray. When you have a big need you go to the bank! Don’t be like that. Whether the matter is big or small, keep your eyes only on the Lord.
God will never ask you to do an assignment without giving you the material to do it.
Exodus 14:13-14 -3 Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. 14 The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.”
Don’t be afraid. God’s Hand will work for you.
Why do young children cry when they are born? There is something called the path of the unknown. For 9 months, a child is in the mother’s womb and is receiving all the food and comfort in the womb directly from the mother. But it comes out suddenly and it is the path of the unknown, it is scary and it is a natural reaction to cry. It leaves a place of security. The Child of God when you are challenged and are surrounded by enemies, don’t be afraid.
- God needs your faith and not your fear. He will open the ways in the Red Sea. Don’t allow your heart to be tired. He will work in the midst of your impossibilities. God needs your faith and not your fear.
- A 20th-century psychologist made a distinction between healthy and unhealthy fear - Healthy fear is the fear of God. Unhealthy fear is the fear of men and the devil. Fear about the future is unhealthy. Healthy fear is to check if it is ok to cross the road. Unhealthy fear will crush you, delay your blessing, reduce your life span and increase the disease burden in your family. But healthy fear will set you free, deliver you, reveal God’s ways in your life.
FOREVER VICTORY- God is giving you a forever victory upon those things that bound you thus far.
Verses 14-14 The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.”
- Yehovah will fight, you don’t fight, you only forgive, you only love. You need to say this- ‘I am going to remove my boxing gloves. Remove the knife that you tucked in your shirt. Set it aside!’ You don’t need to battle. The battle belongs to the Lord and the victory is yours.
- Somebody once said, the big battles are for God and the small ones are for me. All the battles are for God. He has got the bigger fighting gloves.
- I am resigning. I am not fighting with anyone--->If you just take this decision, there will be peace in your home. Many people have taken battles and have won. But there is no peace in their lives.
- The Lord shall fight for you and you shall hold your peace. When you are at peace, God will descend on your behalf and act for you. Whether it is for your health or your prosperity, whatever it may be, maybe it’s for your inheritance, when YOU fight God’s hand cannot move, but when you sit in peace. God’s hand will move for you.
- Some of us are fighting too many battles. Just surrender them to Jesus. Just get filled with the Lord’s Presence.
1 Timothy 6:12- Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
Our fight is a fight of faith. It is the good fight of faith.
- Remain in faith, in wholeness, in joy and in God’s peace, and THEN God will fight for you. God told Moses to stretch out his hand and his rod and God’s Hand moved upon his.
Not one battle that comes against you will destroy you! It won’t! Every battle that comes into your life will only make you stronger.