Spirit of Revival
Sunday Sermon by Pastor Rajesh Mathew on 13 November 2022
Psalms 85: 6- Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee? 6 Will you not revive us again, that your people may rejoice in you? 6 Won't you revive us again, so your people can rejoice in you?
Lord, Your people need to rejoice in You and for that would You not send revival once again?
Ezekiel 37: 1-5- 1 The hand of the LORD was on me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the LORD and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. 2 He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. 3 He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?” I said, “Sovereign LORD, you alone know.” 4 Then he said to me, “Prophesy to these bones and say to them, ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! 5 This is what the Sovereign LORD says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life.
I will send My breath inside of you for you to live. That is the Spirit of revival. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of revival.
WHY DO WE NEED THE SPIRIT OF REVIVAL?
1) To reveal the True God
- In our Country God will send a revival. In the midst of a people who do not know who the real God is and are going after they own ways, the revival comes to reveal Jesus to them. Jesus, the way, the truth and the life! Only revival can reveal this truth in this nation.
- If you are in this revival, then through your life Jesus will be revealed, whether it is in your home, your family or in your country. Holy Spirit come and fill me!
2) To ignite the hearts of many that has grown cold in the last days • We need the revival to ignite out hearts once again for God as many have grown cold! 3) Iniquity is abounding
- Even those who are children of God, they come to the church, listen to the sermons, sing some songs, meet few people and go back. In these days the Lord is rising up an army. Those who will reveal the miracles of Christ, the Word of truth and the Holy Spirit of God. Those who will carry the glory and the power of God. If you are one of them, say, YES LORD!
Mordecai Ham an evangelist, was conducting a meeting in a city. Nobody was responding well. But there was a young boy who gave his life to Jesus in that meeting. This person was Billy Graham. In your life, if at least one person should be saved through you and if the Holy Spirit would work in you to touch somebody, you may be as businessman, may be a car driver, may be a housewife, may be a maid, but if you desire that at least one person be touched through your life, the Lord will do so.
Worship Him in Spirit and truth! Holy Spirit help me to reveal Jesus to somebody! 4) The church has become complacent
- People of God wake up, hang out, have some good food, chat with somebody. This is the kind of attitude that even the church of God has now. You are more excited about hanging out in a burger joint than in the House of God. You prefer Netflix than worshipping the Lord in your room. You need revival!
- You are more excited about what the devil is going out there than what God is doing out there!
You need revival. Because God has seen you as a vessel who will carry the flame of the Holy Spirit.
If you are hearing this message, God wants to fulfil the purpose for your life to reveal Jesus through you. You need the Spirit of revival. You need the Holy Ghost.
We are the age of the Holy Spirit revival.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF REVIVAL COMES?
- There will be an intense revelation of Jesus Christ
- It will be like Jesus chooses to introduce Himself and exhibit Himself through you. Wherever you go, Jesus will introduce Himself through you.
2 Corinthians 4:3-4- 3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
- The blindness of the devil will be uprooted. You need not preach big sermons but the moment you say Jesus, the Holy Spirit will destroy the middle wall of separation and will reveal JESUS to people. Some of you will be used like that.
You don’t need a pulpit. Wherever you go you will reveal Christ. Whether it is in the train, bus, ship, flight. Wherever!
- There is an intensity of the climate/ atmosphere of heaven on earth
- It is like heaven and earth are kissing each other; there is a synergy! Bible scholars talk about open heaven experiences. Just like heaven is touching earth. The Holy Spirit taking over the atmosphere on earth. You will feel heaven on earth. The Presence of God will be tangible and feelable.
- When you go into a home, you can figure out whether it is God’s presence or the devil’s presence in that place. When you step into a city, a man or woman of God knows whether that city is under the Lord or under the devil. When you step into a business you know whether it is under the control of the Holy Spirit or control of the devil.
- This morning, heaven will bless your business, country, family. Let the revival Spirit move over everything that concerns your life.
It is like heaven is ventilating on the earth!
- God has seen you and me. He has seen the church. We are the church bought by the blood of Jesus.
When you have Jesus’s presence, it cannot be counterfeited. You cannot fake it!
- May you feel His presence. May you feel the love and presence of Jesus wherever you are sitting.
If you don’t have God’s Presence, you will live your life under intense pressure and tension, stress and fear. You cannot feel the Lord.
- Many people know when God’ presence is upon them but they don’t know when God’s presence has left them.
- You know the Word, you also go to a church to pray and have the telephone numbers of ten pastors but still the understanding that Jesus is with you in a tangible way is not there! That experience can be given only by the Holy Spirit.
Hunger will cause the Lord’ presence to come upon you.
1 Samuel 19:19-210- 9 Now it was told Saul, saying, “Take note, David is at Naioth in Ramah!” 20 Then Saul sent messengers to take David. And when they saw the group of prophets prophesying, and Samuel standing as leader over them, the Spirit of God came upon the messengers of Saul, and they also prophesied. 21 And when Saul was told, he sent other messengers, and they prophesied likewise. Then Saul sent messengers again the third time, and they prophesied also.
- Saul sent soldiers to catch David but God’s presence came upon them when they saw the prophet prophesying. And the soldiers who came to catch them, they started prophesying too. The second group also reached and they also started prophesying too!
- A group of people were looking for a pub in a city and they asked around but they were told that years ago this city saw revival through a man named John Wesley and a pub that was shut then has remained shut ever since!
Today if YOU are carrying the spirit of revival, even your children will rise up for God and they will not touch alcohol or cigarette.
- Have a yearning for spiritual things
- The spiritual will become a priority. You won’t go after worldly things. You will have that great deep hunger for God.
- You will pray for hours and still feel like you haven’t prayed enough. You have read 10-20 chapters and still feel like you have not read enough. When the Spirit of Revival works inside of you, this is what happens within you.
- Kerala Blasters fans make such a ruckus watching the match, but you are not moving an inch for God. At least some of that excitement needs to be seen!
- When the Holy Spirit moves there is sound and there is power. We have no issues with loud noises at Lulu Mall but we have a problem in church. We say we are not the
emotional types and you are not for all this type of jumping and shouting. That means somewhere you have laid a boundary for the Holy Spirit to work.
Don’t set a boundary for the Holy Spirit. Allow Him to move freely!
One man of God invited me for a prayer for 1000 hours! 1000 hours??? Can you imagine that?? some of us are already looking at our watches.
- God will not stop moving on earth just because you are sitting stiff necked. He will find someone else to move with Him. Ask the Lord to not pass you by! Take me in Your hands, LORD! If the Spirit of revival is within you, you can’t smoke and drink outside church.
- I remember when I went to church in UK, the worship team got off the stage and the pastor was making some announcements. I noticed one of the members of the worship team quickly got off the stage and ran to get himself a smoke. I felt bad, I said “Lord, this is not revival. This is just a religious activity!”
- That is not how God is looking at you. He is not thinking you are fake. He doesn’t want you to forget the Word and walk in the flesh after a service. He wants you to glorify Him wherever you go.
- If revival is here, there is an awakening of your conscience
- There is conviction of sin when the spirit of revival moves. When the Holy Spirit descended on the day of Pentecost, Peter preached and the people who heard were pricked to their conscience. Their consciences were awakened.
- We blame the pastor if we feel the prick. We leave the church and find another church where we are not “pricked”.
- If you conscience is awakened, even the smallest of things will make you feel guilty. If you speak lies, if you say wrong things, you will run to God and say sorry Lord. • But if you feel nothing even if you go wrong, even if the rooster crows thrice, your conscience is dead. At least Peter realised when the rooster crowed thrice. May the Lord touch you and may you be so conscious of hurting the Lord.
- You sleep around. You fornicate and you feel nothing. You watch pornography and feel nothing. You put your mom in law out of the house, still feel nothing. You are proud and arrogant, yet you feel nothing.
Don’t grieve the Holy Spirit.
- The Lord forgives but don’t see that as a licence to continue the same old way. When God convicts you and when the Holy Spirit shows you certain things, immediately you need to say Lord I made a mistake and ask for His help. The Lord will help you and forgive you and restore you and pour his grace on you.
But if you walk around as if nothing happened, the revival fire will pass you by, God will pass you by.
- Don’t allow that to happen. Ask the Lord to awaken my conscience.
- Don’t become like one who has no feelings. Some people when they have certain diseases, even if you cut their legs they will not know because their leg is infected. It could be diabetes or some neurological problems, their muscles die. God is going to heal some people with diabetes this day.
This doesn’t mean you have to be perfect but you need to be sincere!
- God is looking for sincere people. You may not be perfect. But are you sincere? God will perfect you. When I came to the Lord, my spiritual father never preached much but the one word that he spoke was like lightning. I have seen when we used to go to other places to minister, we came across churches with absolutely no change for so many years.
- You are hearing the Word, you are listening to the Word but there is no change! If no change in happening in you, you are not cooperating with the Holy Spirit of God. But if you are ready to cooperate, the nature of Christ will be revealed through you. You will go from strength to strength and from faith to faith.
- If you need to move forward in your life or if you need a position change, you need to take one step right? If you keep on going for prayer meetings, but have never taken one step of obedience, then what is the point?! You need to take a step, to change your position and only then you can progress.
God is anointing your legs today to take that first step in faith.
- Revival brings visitation from the Lord and His angels.
- How many of you have experienced the Glory of God? How many of you have heard the voice of God? How many of you have had angelic visitations?
- When the revival spirit is inside of you, Jesus will be so real!
Visitation from angels will be normal. Supernatural will become natural. Miracles will be usual. The experiences will become real. Lord descending and working for you will become your real experience.
Oral Roberts said, “there was healing in the air. Some people just breathe in the air and they become healed. In this atmosphere demons will leave even without people praying”.
- Wherever you go, let miracles happen. When my mother used to pray in her room upstairs, the servant downstairs became set free.
- Let the Lord Holy Spirit move through you. Wherever the disciples when they began to speak, miracles happened. Revival in the Holy Spirit. Revive us again oh Lord!
- Where there is revival, people will gather together
Where the cloud is there the crowd is.
- On the day of Pentecost when the Holy Spirit descended, people gathered to see and hear Peter and the disciples. When you become in the spirit, people will come running to you.
John 12:32- 32 And I, if I am [a]lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.”
- When I am lifted up so I will draw all men unto me. Lift up Jesus. He will draw all men unto Him. There is a magnetic power in Jesus!
- In your business, lift up Jesus for some time and all good things will come there. • Crowd is not important. The crowd that worships Jesus is important. It is not very difficult to get crowds. Just pay people or give them free food and crowds will gather. We need a people who worship God in spirit and in truth. If you are one of them give a shout unto God.
- When the Spirit of revival moves, the emptiness goes.
The season of dryness is going to end! Season of emptiness is getting over.
- The Lord can’t be present and resources absent. If God is there, there cannot be any lack! • Fees and job and all those requirements are there but in the midst of all that, if you worship Him and see Him as your shepherd, your fees and resources for your house and cars will come, all resources will be released.
UNLIMITED RESOUCRES for you. God is releasing it for you!
- In the midst of revival don’t be worried about provision, but just become in the spirit. My God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory
Haggai 2:6-9- 6 “For thus says the Lord of hosts: ‘Once more (it is a little while) I will shake heaven and earth, the sea and dry land; 7 and I will shake all nations, and they shall come to the [a]Desire of All Nations, and I will fill this [b]temple with glory,’ says the Lord of hosts. 8 ‘The silver is Mine, and the gold is Mine,’ says the Lord of hosts. 9 ‘The glory of this latter [c]temple shall be greater than the former,’ says the Lord of hosts. ‘And in this place I will give peace,’ says the Lord of hosts.”
- Glory is linked to silver and gold. God says I will fill my House with Glory, My presence. Silver and gold will automatically come there.
- If you are filled with glory, gold will come if you come under His presence, all the resources that you need to fulfil His mission through you will come into your life. • Glory and blessings are connected.
- If there is revival, there is a voice
- There is singing and praise. Miriam crossed the red sea and pulled out her tambourine. She started singing unto the Lord for His faithfulness and for bringing them thus far. • The day of the Passover, just on the night and just before Jesus surrendered himself to soldiers, Jesus was dancing with HIS disciples. He saw that He would, be buried but would be resurrected. He would be revived back to life!!
- There is a season of restoration, of life. This morning, get up and take two steps in faith and dance and respond to God’s Word.
Don’t allow the devil to stop you dance and your singing for God.
Ezekiel 37:1-5- 37 The hand of the Lord came upon me and brought me out in the Spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley; and it was full of bones. 2 Then He caused me to pass by them all around, and behold, there were very many in the open valley; and indeed, they were very dry. 3 And He said to me, “Son of man, can these bones live?” So, I answered, “O Lord God, You know.” 4 Again He said to me, “Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, ‘O dry bones, hear the word of the Lord! the Lord hand came upon Ezekiel.
- The Lord makes takes the prophet and makes walk around the valley of dry bones. He does this to help him see how impossible it was -- dry and scattered. No possibilities.
Revival happens in places where there is no possibility. The Lord’s Hand will turn the impossibilities into possibilities.
- Don’t say it is impossible, you need to say, if Your Spirit moves here, these bones will come together and become an army of the Living God.
- If there anybody whose life looks impossible, impossible to see a breakthrough or miracle. If the Holy Spirit moves, there will be a change and shift. Possibilities will unfold. May you see miracles and possibilities. You will come back with testimonies!
- What will you speak with your mouth? Bartimaeus is blind and God healed him. God asked him what he wanted Him to do because HE wanted to hear Bartimaeus say it with his mouth,
- Jesus asked Peter- do you love me more than all this? Jesus wanted to hear Peter’s words.
You need to speak with your mouth- that is prophecy. What you speak with your lips in faith is what is prophecy!
- Prophecy to these bones.
- Declare these things with your mouth- “I will not die and I will live to declare the glory of God. My latter days shall be more glorious than my former days.”
- When he started to prophesy, the bones that were dried and scattered, they began to come together.
- If you are a sinner, can you be forgiven? Yes, through the Cross, man and God got connected again.
- Can Jews and gentiles be partakers of the promise? Ephesians 2 says that God broke down the middle wall of separation. And through the Cross, we became the partakers of the promise of Abraham. Can the prodigal son and father come together? YES! Can the wife who left and the husband come back together again? Yes! through the Cross, through the Holy Spirit.
- The relationships that are lying dead and scattered, God will do a miracle. When the revival wind blows, these things will happen.
- if you have a mantle, you need to marry someone on who understands that mantle. Why? If you have a mantle, there will be many an unction and push from the Holy spirit to do things for God. If the partner does not understand they will go their way. Paul says, woe to me if I do not preach.
- How can any wife understand why the husband is not spending any time with them? • Certain family relationships will be brought back together.
- The Word says in Ezekiel 37 that the veins and nerves grew upon the bones. The nerves carry the blood and life to all.
- Whenever you go, carry the life of Jesus wherever you go!
- Then the sinews or the muscles grew upon them. The muscles keep the bones and the nerves together.
- Barnabbas and Paul kept the church together.
- In revival God is looking for people who are keeping the church together and not those who divide.
- On top of that grew the skin.
- Skin gives you beauty. Everybody has skin. Skin covers what is inside you. There are ministries that cover. Don’t put on Facebook all that’s going on in your family life. • If you see some flaws in people cover it. If there are issues in church, cover it. Cover it in prayer.
- If you see weakness in a brother, cover them. Even if it’s your sister-in-law. That’s how that army ros! That is what the spirit of revival does!
When the Spirit of revival comes, we will arise like an army.