It is the Oil
Sunday Sermon by Pastor Rajesh Mathew, 11 September 2022
Revelations 3:7-8- 7 “And to the [a]angel of the church in Philadelphia write, ‘These things says He who is holy, He who is true, “He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens”: 8 “I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, [b]and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name.
Our God is a God who has the keys of David. Our Lord and Saviour opens a door and nobody can shut it. And if He shuts a door, nobody can open it! Today certain doors of miracles will open up over your lives. Let certain doors shut- door of issues that are pulling you back and pushing you down, let such door shut over your life. Let the Lord keep the doors of miracles opened over your lives in this season.
The Oil of the Holy Spirit.
OIL GIVES YOU BEAUTY
- In the Old Testament, oil is equated with the Presence of the Holy Spirit. Olive oil was yellowish green in colour. If that falls on you, your colour and beauty will show forth. Your colour will change if the Oil flows into your life. What is ugly will become beautiful. Even this morning, the oil of the Holy Spirit will flow within you and beauty to show forth.
Whatever the devil has destroyed and made dirty in your life, may the OIL make it beautiful. OIL HEALS
- In Luke 10, we see that the Good Samaritan bandaged the man on the street with oil. Oil has healing properties. Today whoever is broken hearted will be healed through the oil.
OIL SETS YOU FREE
- In Luke 6, we see that the disciples prayed by applying the oil. Demons fled and diseases left when they applied the oil. Where there is oil, there are no demons and no diseases. Lord, I need a fresh outpouring of your oil.
May the Oil set you free, make you stand in health, strength and faith.
- The Shepherd pours oil upon his sheep’s head. Oil repels insects and lice. Let certain lice flee from your lives.
OIL BRINGS A FLOW AND MOVEMENT
- In the Old Testament, priests and kings were anointed by pouring of the oil upon their heads. That means there is a need for a flow and movement upon your life. You need to overcome stagnation and flow from one level to another.
- A flow of the Holy Spirit. When the oil flows, there is a movement. People who worship know about the flow.
The Lord has not intended you to stay stagnant and bound. If you also want that, ask the Lord for His oil to flow.
OIL HAS A COOLING EFFECT
- In dry weather they pour oil because it has a cooling effect. It refreshes you. When you pour oil, there is a refreshing feeling. The good shepherd is here to anoint you with oil. Your dryness, your weakness, your lowliness will leave by the Oil of His presence and you will be refreshed. The Lord HIMSELF is anointing some of you this morning.
OIL MAKES YOU SHINE
- They pour oil into the lamps so light shines. Oil is also symbolic of harmony. If a machine has to work with minimum friction and work harmoniously, they pour oil. In certain homes, the lack of oil brings friction. In some families, there is a lot of noise and fighting because there is a lack of oil. What you need is not the family counsellor but oil!
Psalm 133:2-3- It is like the precious oil upon the head, Running down on the beard, The beard of Aaron, Running down on the edge of his garments. 3 It is like the dew of Hermon, Descending upon the mountains of Zion; For there the Lord commanded the blessing— Life forevermore.
- When you are living together as husband, wife and children, there is beauty and laughter. Let every friction be broken. The oil flows from the husband’s head.
The keys with Jesus are called the keys that were in the hands of David. Today God is giving some of you keys. You will be able to open the doors of your future. Open such doors that no one can shut. The keys to open your ministry, health, future and wealth over your life. Let ministries flow. Let godly ministries flow from your life.
Say it in the spirit, see your hands and say “I have the keys”. I am opening doors for my children, for my family, for my finance, God is giving me the keys to open certain blessings in my life. The keys of authority.
BIBLE’s the Law of Intention
- When we speak of the Oil and David we usually start with 1 Samuel 16 or 17 this but god said start with the Book of Revelations. He is a God who knows your end from the beginning. He ahs seen your end already and everything that happens in between he knows and He is giving you the keys. It symbolized the prophetic.
Let the prophetic realm open up for your life. God’s Holy Spirit will show you your future. How your life will be 50 years, 75 years and 100 years from now.
God will show you the future of our children. The Spirit will open it up and show you!
- God giving you a pictorial image of what HE wants to do for you. When the oil flows, you can see this visual. Example, Joseph’s time there was the butler and the baker, one lived and the other died. By the side of Jesus, there were two robbers. One died and the other was received to eternity. God was showing through Joseph what will happen in advance. Jesus was given up to die for you. Joseph was given up to die by his brothers. When we see the life of Joseph we see in advance the life of Jesus. Abraham said, let’s go to Moriah mountain to sacrifice his son Isac. On that same mountain the Lord Jesus became a sacrifice for you and me. Through Abraham God is showing us a picture of what is ahead.
May the Holy Spirit show you a picture about your life!
- Worship in the Spirit and may HE show you.
- David was looking after His father’s sheep. When the oil flowed, he was set aside not only to eb a Shepherd for his father’s sheep but for the entire nation of Israel. It was a picture of the future. David received the oil and became shepherd over the Israelites.
- He was not around when the prophet went to anoint the future king. No matter who has kept you away, if God has an intention and a plan over your life, HE will not fulfil his plan without you appearing in that place.
There is an oil that is waiting for you and unless you show up the oil won’t flow. Let the power of His oil flow over your life.
- You don’t have a paisa in your pocket but what if God shows you that you will be a crorepati. You don’t have a house in your name but what if God shows you the home HE has for you. See ahead. Today there is nothing good to behold but in future you will walk blessed. You need to see it! God is releasing His provision for your future.
May the Holy Spirit show you what’s ahead. Let the transitory things leave your life. Don’t be worried about the headache you have today. Look at your future.
- The Oil protected David- Almost 3000 people-strong army of Saul wanted to kill David. Almost for eight years they tried to kill him. They tried to kill him but because of the Oil they could do him no harm. No matter who tries to destroy you or your children, the oil will keep you and protect you. This morning understand that. Whatever the enemy tries against you won’t succeed you when you carry the anointing oil. Let the oil cover you in such a manner that the enemy’s plan against your life be destroyed may his plots will fail.
- The Oil tackled Goliath- In 1 Samuel 17, David was going to face Goliath and he took five stones with him. One stone was that of JESUS Christ. The stone which the builder rejected has become the cornerstone. What stands before you will be brought low. By the Cross of our Lord Jesus. If problems as large as Goliath come against your life there is victory in Jesus name.
- The Oil points to the Cross- When David comes in front of Goliath he asks, you come to me with sticks? There is the sling shot and there is a stone that we know of. But Goliath asks is there a stick. Why did he ask such an unexpected thing? Goliath saw a stick. This represents the Cross of Jesus, the stick reflects the wood that He hung upon for you and me and shed His own precious blood.
- Today you need to call out the name of Jesus. He will fill you with the Holy Spirit and every Goliath will fall before the Rock of Jesus Christ. There is victory in the name of Jesus. • Receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit in the Name of Jesus. Not in the name of any ministry or pastor but the rock of Jesus. In the name of Jesus receive the anointing.
Why did God remove Saul?
- OIL FLOWS WHEN YOU WANT TO BUILD HIS KINGDOM: God removed Saul because he never kept the covenant. But David kept the covenant. God removed Saul because he would never support the work of God. He was only trying to build his own kingdom. But David wanted to build for God. Even when God told him that he couldn’t build GOD’s temple, David set aside at least provisions for it.
- Oil flows when Oil flows when you walk not for your own agenda but when you are keen on the work of the kingdom. When you think and feel that the work of the Lord must expand, that you
want to be a part it, then the Lord will bless you and your children. Why did God anoint David? Because the House of the Lord was most important for David.
- OIL FLOWS WHEN YOU LOVE HIS HOUSE: Psalm 23, David says that I may dwell in the house of the Lord forever. He had a deep love for His House. Decide that I will go to the house of the Lord every Sunday and worship Him with my children and not just watch on YouTube. Even if there is no music and no sound system, I have a hunger to be in His house and to stand with the Lord. A fresh anointing upon such people who will never leave His house, who will stay in HIS house no matter who tries to throw you out. Glorify God, place your offering and love God’s children. Upon such people the power of the Holy oil is flowing. No matter what comes ahead, there is an oil. Generations will come to the house of the Lord.
That our children may dwell in the House and not just come and go. Will you dwell and put down your roots in his HOUSE??
- Be close to the Rock of Jesus and be submitted to HIM no matter what. Not just in your life time but for your children. This morning God is imparting Holi Spirit Oil for your future.
Psalm 84:10- For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand. I would rather [a]be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness.
- For one day in His courts will give you what thousand days elsewhere can offer you and more. Watch that it uses the word ‘Tents’ of the wicked---this is a tent, it is transitory. But the House of the Lord is permanent. Tent is only for a few years. Don’t be envious of the wicked growing but if you are dwelling in the House of the Lord, it is permanent. Generations may pass, but if you have honour and love for His house, then there are certain permanent blessings that God will release over your life. We see this in David’s life. Solomon, though he walked in his won ways, was blessed because he was the son of David.
- In Isaiah 38, we see that king Hezekiah was about to die of disease. He was called to die but God sent the prophet back to tell him that he will have an extension of 15 years. Why? Because God remembers His father David. God remembered David.
1 Samuel 16:12- 12 So he sent and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, with [a]bright eyes, and good-looking. And the Lord said, “Arise, anoint him; for this is the one!”
- OIL FLOWS WHEN YOUR COUNTENANCE IS BEAUTIFUL: He was of beautiful countenance. The countenance that you carry determines the spirit you attract.
- Before he was anointed with oil, he was said to be of beautiful countenance. Some people think it is spiritual to be frowning and serious. But if you are of beautiful countenance and smiling, you will attract the oil of the Holy Spirit.
Genesis 4:5- but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor. So, Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast.
- Cain’s face was down because he was envious of his brother Abel. Jealousy can be seen on your face. The Oil won’t flow on those who are envious. The reason his face was frowning was because He saw the Lord using and blessing somebody else and he could see nothing in his own life. He fell out of favour with God.
- If my countenance is not inviting warmth, there is a lack of oil. When there is a oil in you, there is a love and joy in your face. Don’t be tight faced.
- In the Book of James, we read, count it all joy when you go through various trials. Even when you go through all struggles in life, count it all joy. The enemy can’t be victorious over you. Don’t be worried and just rejoice in the Lord.
- Your tears and depressed face won’t change your situation. As a matter of fact, it will multiply the sorrows. When people see your face, those with you will be irritated even more. Every time you go through a problem, there is an option.
Psalm 34 says I will bless the Lord at all times!
- There is an option for those going through a struggle- God will send you forth His goodness. Lift up your hands and tell Him Lord I need your grace in my life.
In the Kingdom of God we don’t speak about our situation or condition but we speak about our destination.
- Some people want at least 10 people to see their pained face and ask him or her what is happening in their life. That is not oil but only showing forth our restlessness. There is a saying when you want to cry the devil will always give you a bucket and when you want to stop crying the Lord will give you a towel.
God will do a miracle in your life if you choose to rejoice in the Lord.
1 Samuel 1:18- She said, “May your servant find favor in your eyes.” Then she went her way and ate something, and her face was no longer downcast.
- Hannah cried in the presence of God. After the prayer in the temple, her countenance had changed. How long should you pray? You need to pray till you surrender every struggle at HIS feet and until your countenance changes. If so, the oil of God will handle your issue.
Jesus did not say be of good tear but he said be of good cheer, for I have overcome the world. You will overcome in the Name of Jesus.
- What the Holy Spirit does more than anything else is HE comforts. He is called the comforter. There is no greater comforter than the Holy Spirit. Glory unto God.
Proverbs 27:17- As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.
- As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of His friend. We need to sharpen each other’s’ countenance. Just spread joy---that is ministry. NO matter what the problem is, there is a solution in His Presence.
- David was of beautiful countenance when the prophet saw him, he must have known that he is the one- he did not have complaints to say but he was just joyful
Rejection is not a wall but a door to the next level.
- God has kept that as a door to the next level. Let the doors open up in Jesus Name. Come out of your rejection. There is a future of God’s goodness waiting for you.
Not all people are helpers. That’s why you feel rejected because you think everybody is going to help you. You need to understand divinity and humanity. Jesus never trusted everybody because “He knew what was in their heart”. You need to be able to assess who is who and what he or she is not. May the Lord grant you that kind of discernment in your life. Not just discernment of seasons but also of men and women.
- Not everybody knows everything about you. God told the prophet only this much- In Bethlehem, in the House of Jesse, I have seen the next king. God did not tell him who exactly he was. The prophet did not know more that than. That means -everything is not revealed to the prophets. Certain people come to pray and they think that the pastor knows everything.
Some people shake my hand and they ask me, “tell me tell me what God is showing you!” Don’t make pastors lie! When I pray, God will show us certain things and then I will only call and tell you.
- If you have an issue, you need to tell the pastor without expecting him to know everything or else you will miss out on what God wants to for you.
- Who was this prophet? He was one of the greatest prophets of the time. Prophet Samuel. The prophet who spoke God’s oracles and nothing that he spoke from Dan to Beersheba had failed. Still he had no clue who the person to anoint was.
- God will open doors over your life. Many times, during worship, during prayer the prophetic gets released. That is why many pastors and prophets keep exhorting you to worship and pray and receive the Word during a sermon rather than theologically speaking from the pulpit so you can get connected to the same Spirit.
I cannot fake. If the Holy Spirit hasn’t told me something, I won’t say it no matter how much pressure I am put under. I gave up on that pressure long back. If God has said something I will say it or else I will just preach from the Bible and leave. When I am invited to preach during a fast and prayer in any church some of the pastors tell me to prophecy, I wouldn’t unless God reveals to me what I should say.
There is faith in action and faith in heart. Faith in heart can’t change anything but faith in action can change things.
- OIL FLOWS WHEN YOU ARE PREPARED TO SACRIFICE
1 Samuel 16:2- But Samuel said, “How can I go? If Saul hears about it, he will kill me.” The LORD said, “Take a heifer with you and say, ‘I have come to sacrifice to the LORD.’
- The work of the Lord is a sacrificial work. Your walk for God is a sacrificial walk. There are many things that you will need to say no to, for the Lord’s sake.
God’s work is not Convenient. It is sacrificial. The people committed, addicted and celebrated who are willing to sacrifice their time, their wealth, their desires, their dreams, everything they are ready to give it up because you want to see the oil flow.
- Sacrifice is the only thing that gives your faith depth. Or else it is just words. It is hot pastor, don’t stretch the service. Such a busy day so I couldn’t pray. No! That is not sacrifice. Here God is rising some people up who are willing to sacrifice anything for Jesus’s sake.
- Some people, even when they give to the Lord, they will calculate and keep a record of it for years. I have seen genuine givers. They are giving to the Lord, they are not calculating. • Cheerful giving will keep the flow of anointing in your life. Last time a man of God asked me to keep the offering box in the front I said no. I said to him that I have taught the church to give but only those who wish to need to put in the offering.
In private watch your thoughts, in public watch your words.
- Certain thoughts are also not good. Even thoughts ought to be sacrificed for God. For walking with Christ, I cannot have these thoughts and walk with Jesus. I cannot have true joy by having these thoughts.
- Seven children came in the front and the prophet did not select them but God anointed David. The standard of God will not compromise for you.
- God saw that in David. Some people are praying that God reduces His standard. Should we walk in holiness they ask! This pastor talks more about favour and grace, may be holiness is not that important?! No! that is God’s standard and there is no two ways about it.
- It is because God’s standard is high, we need to take refuge in His grace. That is why we need the help of the Holy Spirt without His grace and without the help of the Holy Spirit, we cannot live the Christian life. Holy Spirit I need you! I need the grace of God!
Jesus has the keys of David. He anointed David and his entire generations were blessed. Blind Bartholomew cried out- “Jesus, Son of David! Have mercy on me!” It was only then that there was a miracle there. Your children and your generations, because you stood for God, will walk under the Oil of the Holy Spirit to see divine deliverances, divine breakthroughs and may the Lord anoint them and bless them because of you! Jesus said I am not ashamed of David. The Son of God is not ashamed to be called the Son of David.
The God who has the keys of David. The keys that give you victory over every battle. Lift up your hands and say Lord anoint me afresh