Supply of God's Wisdom
Sunday sermon by pastor Rajesh Mathew, 14 August 2022
Philippians 1:19- 19 For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
The supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ.
Proverbs 13:24-28- 24 There be four things which are little upon the earth, but they are exceeding wise: 25 The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer; 26 The conies are but a feeble folk, yet make they their houses in the rocks; 27 The locusts have no king, yet go they forth all of them by bands; 28 The spider taketh hold with her hands, and is in kings' palaces.
The Spirit of God is the One who supplies all things that God has got for you! All the good things that God has for you is given by the Holy Spirit. It is not a pastor, it is not a minister of the gospel, but it is the Holy Spirit of God.
This morning the Spirit will supply healing, blessings, giftings, newer spiritual realms, deliverance and take you to the next levels in the spirit realm. The Holy spirit will supply lavishly. The Lord will take you to the next level! The Holy Spirit will supply the things of heaven not your life.
- All the good things that we need is in the Presence of God. But you got to know how to make a demand on the Spirit of God. Demand means to seek after! You have to go after it. • Lord, I am seeking after it because you have said all this in your Word. Grant it to me Lord. The supply of God’s wisdom.
God is releasing certain ministerial giftings today. Receive it by faith.
- God will deposit His anointing into those that are thirsty for it.
- Pastor is not a super hero but only the one who is being moving in the spirit. It is only the anointing upon the man of God that meets our needs and we need to know how to place a demand of that anointing.
Luke 6:19- 19 And the whole multitude sought to touch him: for there went virtue out of him, and healed them all.
- We see here that the crowds are demanding, because the healing presence of God was going out. Where Jesus is, there is healing. Lord you are here. And I believe that God will give • Place a demand through your worship, through your prayer and through your words. Make a demand! Let miraculous healings take place n Jesus name
- What is the Pulpit? TO PULL YOU FROM THE PIT. Ezra stood behind the pulpit and preached for 9 hours and all that time people remain standing to hear him. To pull you out from the bondages of the enemy. That is the kind of anointing in the pulpit!!
Greater the demand that you place in the pulpit, the greater the supply.
- If you are sitting there neutral; then there wont be supply. But this morning you need to demand. Today whatever is within the Word and anointing, take it with thirst, with hinger, with sincere faith, the supply will come form the Holy Spirit. Respond to the move of the Holy Spirit.
You need to draw out from the presence of Jesus like to suck our form a straw
- I went to Africa to meet a man of God from one of the biggest churches. I couldn’t meet him but I asked the associate pastor fi I can go to the pulpit. I kept sitting there and praying in the Spirit and I drew out what I needed to draw out in the Spirit.
- God is willing is give you but you have to make a demand on the Holy Spirit.
Mathew 14:36- 36 And besought him that they might only touch the hem of his garment: and as many as touched were made perfectly whole.
- They beseeched Him means begged Him, implored Him! Lord, can I just touch the hem of your garment. When you see some people pray, you know that they are coming to the Lord and not coming to a pastor!
- Just touch the hem of His garment. His presence is here in our midst. The woman with the issue of Blood came to the Lord and said to herself I want to touch Him.
It is not what you speak outside to others but what you speak within yourself
- Just run in the Spirit and worship the Lord. In the name of Jesus an unusual power of God will manifest forth.
- Don’t sit and wait for some blessing to fall into your lap. You need to catch hold of it; you need to hunger for it. Get hold of it it! The first miracle that Jesus did in the Bible is turning the water into wine at the wedding of Cana. Mary, the mother of Jesus placed a demand upon him. Jesus says, “Mother it is not even my time” but Mary still just placed a demand upon the Lord.
It doesn’t matter which season you are in, just place a demand and catch hold of the Word of God.
John 2:6- 6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim. 8 And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it.
Filling it with water signifies getting the Word. Jesus says, NOW DRAW! That means as long as it was in the vessel, it was still water but when they started drawing by faith, it turned into wine!
What are you drawing out? Draw out the goodness of God this morning.
THE SUPPLY OF WISDOM
I am only going to share one part of it:
- ANT: They are exceedingly wise even if they are small! If you have wisdom, you will not stay small for too long! Wisdom will make you grow.
Proverbs 17:0- wisdom has profit
- When they stood before the enemies, they did not need a body guard or weapons or AK 47s. But Jesus says they needed wisdom.
Luke 21:15- 15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
They needed the supply of God’s wisdom. He will place the right words in your mouth when you stand before your enemies. God is filling his temple with his wisdom to take you to the next step What is wisdom?
- It is the application of knowledge. Knowledge is the acquiring of information. I am giving you information from the Word but when you apply this knowledge that it becomes wisdom. If you don’t do so, you won’t grow within it.
- Whether it is in ministry or I business, you need to learn to apply the knowledge only then will it become a blessing.
FOUR THINGS TO LEARN
The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer 1. THE ABILITY TO PREPARE AHEAD- THE WISDOM OF THE ANT
- Summer is the time of harvest and everyone gathers the harvest and they have a blast! They travel, buy cars, go on holidays, buy new houses. But that is the time that the ants begin to save. The worldly people will look at you and say that you are crazy for not having fun. But the ant knows and has wisdom.
- May you receive the supply of God's holy Spirit. Store up what you have. When others are enjoying don't be discouraged. We feel when we have lots of money, we can spend it any whichever way we want. Some people, even f they get 1000 Rs salary that very first day they will go shop clothes, eat parotta chicken etc! But wisdom will teach you set aside and save something.
- Some people are super depressed in January month. Why? They had their share of fun in December and now they are broke in January. Went to every function, spent whatever money they had, went to Taj for dinner, tool selfies and put it on Instagram. But in January, they are broke!
The waster will consume everything but a wise person will know how to save.
- If this wisdom enters your life and if you understand this, you will not see a day of lack in your life.
Today’s prosperity is to arrest tomorrow’s adversity.
- Joseph was filled with wisdom. For 7 years there was prosperity and 20% was saved from it for the foreseen season of severe famine that Egypt would face. Even carrots and cucumber were stored up. God will release such wisdom upon some of you.
God is saying to some youngsters, God is granting you supernatural abundance to have enough and more for the next 70 years of your life.
Some kids start to study from the first day of school because they know that at the end of the year there is an exam to appear for. But some people will kill all their time but one day before the exam, they will call the prayerlike for prayer. They have not opened the book for the entire year. If they fail, they say god has not heard their prayers.
PREPARE AND PRAY!
Some people buy an iPhone with the money they have. They do this to impress people. They want a good dress to impress others. I am not against brands, please use it but
- Elon Musk only wear T Shirts and jeans. Bill Gates wears suits only for a every formal function. Here we have people who take loans to buys suits. To impress others. But the rich keep it very simple.
No instead of spending everything, just save.
Ecclesiastes 12:1- 12 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;
- Before the days that trouble comes, remember your Creator. Even if you need to join the army, will you apply at the age of 70? Will you be hired into a cricket team at the age of 55 years?
The best years of your life are for Jesus.
- The Lord is speaking to some young people- I had the grace to know Jesus at the age of 20 years and then served Him thereafter. Now when you are young, without postponing any further, without placing your careers above Jesus, choose to be available for Him. God will make your life beautiful. NOW! What do you need to do now?
What you have now, use it to create your future
Money is not to create an impression but to create your future. Any standard of life that you struggle to maintain, you don’t deserve it.
- We look at what others do and we try to emulate it. It is stress. It becomes a burden. I can only do what God’s grace allows me to handle. I don’t take on thing beyond that! Just because someone else has built a 20-room house, I don’t want to do that by borrowing a huge loan.
You should know how to live within your means.
- The Supply of the spirit is there but we need the Spirit of wisdom! As a pastor, I want to see you blessed. Ask God for His wisdom to guide you.
Cut your coat not according to your size but according to your pocket
I love Lamborghini but I have learnt something- what you can’t afford, hate it, look for an excuse to hate it!
- Learn the wisdom from the ant. Don’t sit there thinking that you need to buy that Lamborghini. You need to understand your range! If you can’t afford a duplex flat, it’s ok! • The rich will save. It is the poor who want to spend over their means sometimes!
I went out for dinner with a very wealthy man and after we had finished eating, there was a lot of food left. He asked the waiter to pack it. I was shocked! He did not want to waste it. He wanted to give it to someone or at least to his dog. Not because he did not have the money to buy food for his dog but he had the wisdom not to waste!
- Some of us purposely waste food to show others that we are somebody! Who cares! Be wise!
- KNOW WHO YOU ARE- THE WISDOM OF THE ROCK BADGER
Rock badgers/ conies are feeble. They know who they are. They are aware that they have weaknesses and what those weaknesses are.
You need to know who you are!
- The wisdom of the rock badger is that it knows itself well.
- Some young people can hang out with the opposite sex, shake hands with them, have coffee with them and still feel nothing. But there are some others who feel attraction, unwanted emptions etc just by walking with the opposite sex. You need to know who you are. If you belong to the second category, it would be wise for you to stay away. Similarly, there are some people who can go to the club and sit with people having wine and scotch and yet not feel the temptation because they don’t have that desire in them. Such people can go to the club but then there are others who see the bard “Bar” and immediately they will turn their car towards that direction! Know who you are. Some people have this weakness with money- If they have money, they have o clue how to use it. If you hang out with smokers, you may also feel like doing it. I am not against people who smoke
- Wisdom is knowing who you are and the Supply of the Spirit will show you who you are. No matter how anointed you are, but if you don’t have the wisdom, you can fall!
- Be careful you need to know who you are! Don’t walk around thinking you are a champion. Some people can entertain small demonic thoughts and it starts small but then it blows up and becomes a bondage and they begin to see feelings and emotions of hate, intense anger towards certain people mount up within them. You need to recognize that this is a problem you have and stay away and not entertain such thoughts.
- Some people have another weakness. They will start off by watching a really nice dance video and in not time they will progress into a pornographic site! This is a weakness in you! If you know who you are, you can avoid it.
The wisdom is that this rock badger goes and hides in the rock. If you know who you are, only then can you hide yourself in the ROCK OF JESUS. Lord, without You and Your wisdom, I cannot live thisChristian life and you draw close to Him! The Holy Spirit of God will help you!
- Benny Hinn said, “I listen only to the teachings of three men of God. Because of I listen to too many teachings from too many men of God, then I cannot operate in the anointing that God has kept for me. You need to understand what anointing God wants you to operate in and you can know this only if you know who you are!
- I need the supply of your wisdom
- NO SUPERVISION TO DO THE RIGHT THING - THE WISDOM OF THE LOCUST
- Your life should be such that even if someone doesn’t supervise you, you will do the right thing, whether you are in Canada, middle east or the USA, you will still do what is right. I don’t need any pastor come and wake me up every morning to pray. I will wake up like John alone on the island of Patmos and be filled with the Spirit.
I will do the right thing no matter where I am.
Some people do eye Service—For example: I have seen it sometimes. People sit for an hour during worship without lifting up their hands they are just watching worship but the moment they see me on the sides, they suddenly begin to lift up their hands in worship and pretend. Why? Why are you here? Your worship is to connect you to Christ and not to me! Who are you trying to please?!
- No matter who is watching you and who isn’t, I will walk right before God. I will learn from His Word. Even if there is nobody to see me, teach me, correct me.
- God’s Spirit works inside of you I don’t have to impress anybody but to please the Lord. I am not coming to supervise you right.
It means that you know your place of responsibility!
- I should not do anything that disrupts the unity of this church of make the work of the Lord suffer! We need to walk in unity.
If you need to be supervised continually, it means that you don’t have the maturity. Lord make me wise!
- Having no leader is no excuse to fail. It is the lack of wisdom. Learn from the locust. They don’t have kings or leaders to supervise them but they still walk in ranks and unity. • The Lord will raise up a unified army in the church for the glory of God. Every power that disrupts this to leave in Jesus Name. They operate in unity.
If the church scatters because of you, the Lord will hold you responsible. It is not just this church. But anywhere in the world, if you are responsible for the church’s unity to be broken, God will hold you responsible. This is something I have seen in the 30 years of my ministry. You may be an usher or someone else, but bring people together and not
Unity is a decision. Unity is not uniformity.
- Family and marriage too, a husband and wife may not be similar. You may be very different from each other. The ability to let go of differences to keep your marriage intact is wisdom. That is what we learn from the locust. To walk in unity.
- There are several differences between Tanya and me we think differently about many things but the one thing that is common between us is what the Lord’s thoughts are for us and in that we stand united.
- Look around you and see the differences that are seen among you all. But still in the church there is unity. We have seen in families, people saying, don’t use that tone! Your deliverance is not in the tone but in what is being said.
- Children say, “appa and amma, don’t shout”. It is not the tone but listen to what I am saying. What gives you the breakthrough is what is being said. There is no control over our tone. Lord, release your wisdom. I am not saying raise your voice and speak harshly! But remember that you need to keep the unity for the glory of God.
- NO SUPERVISION TO DO THE RIGHT THING - THE WISDOM OF THE LOCUSTThe spider taketh hold with her hands.
The hands are meant to bless, to work and we need to use them to give, to help and to strengthen others. May the Lord bless your hands.