Sunday sermon by Pastor Rajesh mathew, 26 Dec 2021
1 Kings 3:10-10 The speech pleased the Lord, that Solomon had asked this thing. This actually refers to Solomon’s prayer but the word used in the Bible is “this SPEECH”
Isaiah 65:24- “It shall come to pass
That before they call, I will answer;
And while they are still speaking, I will hear.
This speech. In Isaiah 65, we read saying that while they are yet speaking, God will hear. This scripture is called operation CASH
There is a treasure within this. If you change your very speech into prayer, you will see miracles and if you glorify Jesus with your tongue, God will answer you. Life and death and in the tip of your tongue.
If you declare life, you will have it. Is there anybody who wants to praise Him and worship Him? if yes, let the Fire of the Holy Spirit ignite you this morning.
Luke 18:1- 18 Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
The scripture says men ought to always pray. It doesn’t ay children ought to always pray. Because Men are mature. Prayer makes people mature. If the verse uses the term “men” it signifies maturity.
Anything prayer can’t handle it cannot be handled
The Holy Spirit tole me something- in the middle of preaching you need to pray, in the middle of worship, you need to pray, in the midst of a husband-wife conversation and parent- child conversation, you need to pray. As you do that, you will see the answer speedily. Test this and see. God told me this very clearly.
Luke 21:15- 15 for I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict or [a]resist.
- Words carry power. Battles have started because some leaders said something. Hitler said something in Germany in a rally and it kicked off World War 2. Relationships have been destroyed and also strengthened just by your words.
- Even before your adversaries, God is saying, that I will give you so much of wisdom and clarity. Blessing and curse are manifested through the tongue.
- Surrender your tongue to the Lord. Even doctors, when they take an oath, they have to pronounce those words.
Number 14:28- 28 Say to them, ‘As I live,’ says the Lord, ‘just as you have spoken in My hearing, so I will do to you:
- In your life, whatever you desire to see or you desire the Lord to do for you, that is what you should speak with your mouth.
- For some of you, it shall be your year of laughter. It will be a year where God will make you laugh!!
It is not a year of sorrow and sadness, but you will laugh in 2022! The Lord has caused me to burst forth in laughter!
Whatever you want the Lord to do for you, that you say with your mouth!
- Your mouth is just not a part of your body, it is a gift from God to help you enjoy what God wants you to. It is not just to eat parotta and chicken curry but to speak what God wants you to speak.
- It is also a weapon of war. When you stand in the midst of your enemies, your mouth communicates the wisdom from God.
- Mouth communicates your decisions. Deuteronomy 30 says, “I have set before life and death. Blessing and curse”. Choose life. Choose blessing. But how do you choose? You choose by your mouth!
- Your mouth brings your deliverance-The praise and worship from you mouth and the words from your mouth will bring your deliverance. Not wisdom from someone else’s mouth! But Yours.
Proverbs 18:21 (the Living Bible)- The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences. Men have died for saying the wrong things.
- John G lake’s wife passed away and she was standing in front of the Lord’s throne. She said, Lord, why did you call me here so soon? My husband still needs to serve you I have children to look after. Please send me back. I want to live on the earth longer.” The Lord sent her back!
- Your words are of value even in eternity! You can bring heaven down to the earth if you speak the right words.
Proverbs 12:18- Some people make cutting remarks, but the words of the wise bring healing. 5. The words of the wise brings health. The tongue of the foolish, therefore would bring disease.
- There is disease and health in your tongue. If you are wise then you will speak with wisdom and your body will be healthy. Declare that I ill not die but live to proclaim the praises of God.
- Your mouth can make you strong or your mouth can make you sick.
A lady kept developing fever. The doctors said that this fever is of unknown nature. The lady visited a man of God to find out what was going wrong and the man of God asked her to repeat the words that’s he kept saying often. And the phrase that she would keep using often was- “you burn me with those words”. And she kept burning. The fever was a result of what she spoke.
- What will you manifest through your words? God’s presence? Healing? May you do so in Jesus name.
God is healing eyes today. You will see all the days of your life!
- The words that calls forth those things that are not as though they are!! May your mouth be transformed from the one that lies, backbites, gossips to the one that prophecies and manifests blessing.
Give me the grace Lord to speak right!
Words can bring liberty or word can bring captivity
- David said, I will not die but I will live to proclaim His praises. He says, I have been young and old and I have never seen the righteous moved or their children begging or bread. David was old but h says I will live. Do not think that you will die. No, you will live!
Philippians 1:21-24- 21 For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better. 22 But if I live, I can do more fruitful work for Christ. So I really don’t know which is better. 23 I’m torn between two desires: I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me. 24 But for your sakes, it is better that I continue to live.
- Paul is the one choosing to live or to die. Paul in the New testament is saying this. Read this carefully. Paul says, I would love to go to the Lord but I will live on for some more time. He is choosing life. He is not planning to die soon because he wants to live longer to be used by God. You need to speak that way with your mouth.
- Let the thoughts of death leave your life. I will not die but I will live. It is my decision! Paul actually weighed the benefits of both to decide what he wanted. Maybe he was only a foot away from death but he decides to live.
God’s Holy Spirit will set you free from the bondage of death. Cancel the spirit of death with your mouth.
I have gone through a situation where the doctors gave me a very negative report. My wife and I sat together to pray. We had to make few decisions. But the Holy Spirit told me to cancel it and get out of it. These situations actually teach you,
- Jesus on the Cross said, “It IS FINISHED” before he gave up His spirit.
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith - Scripture Verse Frame Sign Plaque Faithful.
- Paul in Timothy 4, says that I have fought the fight and kept the race. Only after all that needs to be finished by you here on earth, can you leave! Jesus and Paul finished what they had to finish (their assignment from God)
The Bible says, “If you believe in your heart and confess with your mouth!” Some people have faith but can’t confess, some people have no faith! This morning God will strengthen you not just to have faith in your hearts but also to confess it with your mouth.
- They stoned Paul but he got up again to preach. You or I would have died when the very first stone struck us! Paul almost died, he traversed to the third heaven but still returned and started to preach again. He faced shipwreck and he sank into the depths. He did not need oxygen, even there he glorified God and came up unharmed. They put him in the lion’s den (or the mouth of the lion). Paul came out even from there.
James 3:3-4- 3 We can make a large horse go wherever we want by means of a small bit in its mouth. 4 And a small rudder makes a huge ship turn wherever the pilot chooses to go, even though the winds are strong.
- How many of you have big dreams? That is the big ship. That big ship is your life. There was a strong wind. It could be COVID-19, a negative medical report or anything unpleasant. The pilot is your faith. The small rudder is your tongue.
- The big ship is my dream or my destiny in Christ. The strong winds is changing the course of this big ship. To distract it from the route to the destination. But the pilot or my faith through the rudder which is my tongue will bring that ship right back to the course towards its destination.
The winds try to make the ship out of control; However, your tongue will bring your life into the dreams and the purpose of the Lord, back on to its right course. God is releasing that grace upon your lips and upon your mouth.
- Faith, wake up! Confess the Word, “My God will supply all my needs, I will not be ashamed”. • What are you oh great mountain before Zerubbabel but you shall become a level plain! How? By the word of your mouth and not by your silence.
- Receive this. The Fire of the Holy Spirit will come upon you. The power of death be broken the bondage of diseases be broken. Cancer cells to die in the name of Jesus. • Paul took control over the lives in the ship through his tongue.
When Paul has entered that ship, his life was in the hands of the soldiers but when the winds began to blow, the Lord told Paul, that he was now entrusting the lives of all those on the ship (including the soldiers) to him (Paul).
Certain strong winds are blowing in your life to give some things into your hands. The Angel spoke to Paul and said, not one life will be lost and not to fear.
Paul said, do not fast. Eat and be at rest. The Lord wanted me to tell the church to eat well, sleep well, laugh a lot and enter into the new year without any tension.
IN 2022, God will make you laugh. He will make it a personal year of laughter for you. Noah wasn’t in tension inside the ark. They were relaxed in the ark for a year.
On the day of Pentecost, if God could use a stammerer to touch 18 nations. Nations are going to still open for you. The same fire of the Holy Spirit to come upon you this day!
- People with Paul understood that God was with Paul. People will recognise that God is with you.
- For the one who has a calling upon his/ her life, there is no need of a ship, you only need a plank. Declare that no matter which storm I am stuck in, I only need a small wooden plank to come to the shore! The people of the ship and their lives were in his hands.
- The people in the island of Malta understood that God was with Paul.
- They entered into an imperial ship to continue sailing. They were earlier in an ordinary ship.
If you have lost something in your life God allowed that only to make way for something bigger and better.
- The people from the Island of Malta gave gifts to Paul. Paul gave those gifts to all with him. • Before the storm, Paul had no value. But after the storm there was value for Paul’s words.
Philemon 1:9- 9 But because of our love, I prefer simply to ask you. Consider this as a request from me—Paul, an old man and now also a prisoner for the sake of Christ Jesus.[a]
- Paul was an old man. What does that mean? He was alive, he was contemplating death or life (as we read before). Declare that “I will grow old in God. My fuse won’t go off!” • Inside the brain there is something called the speech centre. The speech centre has a dominant effect on the other nerves of your body.
- If there is anybody on the hospital bed lying and if you are listening to me. God’s Holy Spirit is moving upon your speech centre. May your paralysis be healed in Jesus name! • The words of an unbeliever has zero effect upon your life. The words of a black magician have zero effect upon your life.
4 things to remember if you have to speak
- You should have continuous feeding of GOD’s Word
- You should have the spirit of faith inside of you
2 Corinthians 4:13- 13 And since we have the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, “I believed and therefore I spoke,” we also believe and therefore speak,
The Spirit of faith must be within you and the proof of conviction is your declaration. 3. Keep the right company
Numbers 13:33- 33 There we saw the [a]giants (the descendants of Anak came from the giants); and we were like[b] grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.”
There were 10 people whose speech troubled the entire camp.
Anyone not going your direction or doesn’t believe in your decisions, will not have your association.
- Live uprightlybecause sin will ruin your audacity. The righteous are as bold as a lion. If there is unrighteousness if you, you will lose your boldness.
If your conscience is defiled you cannot have boldness. My conscience and my heart to be washed in in the blood of Jesus.
Holy Spirit said, that 2022 will be a year of extremes. That means, God’s presence will descend mightily upon those walking in Him and to those who are in darkness, will be completely messed up. You cannot take the middle path in 2022
Never keep quiet when your destiny is challenged.
David wasn’t silent before Goliath. He said that Goliath’s head will fall by the end of the day. He had nothing in his hands but as he declared, so it was.
Unless your mouth is wide open, your destiny will be tightly closed.
Your life will move in the direction of your tongue.
Don’t lie with your mouth. Pray in the tongues as much as you can. Magnify the Lord (Praise HIM) with your mouth.