Stepping Into Royal Favour
Sunday sermon by Pastor Rajesh Mathew, 26 September 2021
Are you happy to be worshipping Jesus this morning?!
Psalms 45:7-13- You love righteousness and hate wickedness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.
8 All Your garments are scented with myrrh and aloes and cassia,
Out of the ivory palaces, by which they have made You glad.
9 Kings’ daughters are among Your honorable women;
At Your right hand stands the queen in gold from Ophir.
10 Listen, O daughter,
Consider and incline your ear;
Forget your own people also, and your father’s house;
11 So the King will greatly desire your beauty;
Because He is your Lord, worship Him.
12 And the daughter of Tyre will come with a gift;
The rich among the people will seek your favor.
The royal daughter is all glorious within the palace;
Her clothing is woven with gold.
- Even the rich will seek favour of the church! The King’s daughters are among honourable women. Today I want to speak a word of blessing upon all of the King’s daughters.
- You are indeed favoured of the Lord. Receive the blessing!
Revelations 1:5-6-5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who [a]loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, 6 and has made us [b]kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
I am going to step into ROYAL FAVOUR
- You are the King’s daughter and you are stepping into royal favour. We are washed by the Blood of Jesus and have been made priests and kings. Priests to minister and Kings to express/ exercise authority.
- How does the king show forth authority? By making decrees. So, don’t keep your mouth shut. If you are born again by the Blood of Jesus, open your mouth and express your authority and declare that “I am stepping into Royal favour”.
Proverbs 8:15- By me kings reign, And rulers decree justice.
Ecclesiastes 8:4- Where the word of a king is, there is power; And who may say to him, “What are you doing?”
- If you are royalty then there is power in your words. There is ability to produce an effect by your words. When the King looks at a person, there is an effect. What he says carries an effect. What He says happens.
This morning God is releasing that kind of authority upon the church. When you say go, the power of darkness will have to leave.
God’s favour will come upon you. Decree good health, prosperity, healing and blessing upon your life.
- The Kings’ word has to be taken seriously, otherwise it means that he is not really ruling as a king. If the king is ruling then there is power in His words.
- Today God wants you to step into your rightful place as a King’s daughter and royalty. Declare “I am healed, I am favoured. I am walking in another dimension of grace. I am going from favour to favour, from strength unto strength.”
For you to be ordained as a King who rules, then something needs to be done: That is to anointthe man chosen to be the king with oil.
- The day you accepted and confessed that Jesus is God, that is when the Holy Spirit entered you. When He came upon you and you started to speak in tongues, it is an indication that you are in a different level.
You are set up apart to have dominion, rulership, to be in charge, to command, to release and decree.
- Let things happen within households. In Jesus Name let every spirit of the enemy trying to destroy your children’s lives, be broken.
The anointing that was used to consecrate the kings, prophets and priests was special. It was not ordinary.
Exodus 30:22-25-22 Moreover the LORD spoke to Moses, saying: 23 “Also take for yourself qualityspices—five hundred shekels of liquid myrrh, half as much sweet-smelling cinnamon (two hundred and fifty shekels), two hundred and fifty shekels of sweet-smelling cane, 24 fivehundred shekels of cassia, according to the shekel of the sanctuary, and a hin of olive oil. 25 Andyou shall make from these a holy anointing oil, an ointment compounded according to the art of the perfumer. It shall be a holy anointing oil.
- 5 ingredients with specific quantity prescriptions were used for making that anointing oil. It can be more and it can’t be less.
When the King would be anointed with this special oil, that oil would work for him! The Holy Spirit is saying October month 2021 onwards, this oil will begin to work for you. 1. INGREDIENT 1- CALAMUS
This made from a flexible plant. You can bend it anyway you want. One of the qualities that God is looking in His people is flexibility. Be flexible and not stubborn. Not a “my way or highway” attitude. Lord, do your will in my life, do whatever You please in my life- turn me, twist me, move me, do whatever You want. God is raising a generation that is willing to be surrendered to God’s hands. Those who are seeking God’s desires and not their own. He is looking for such.
Say this morning, “yes, Lord I am flexible in your hands”
Mathew 4:19-19 Then He said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.”
- Jesus said, follow me. When you follow Him, where He stops, you stop. Where He turns, you turn. I am flexible. I will do what I need to. The children of Israel followed the pillar of cloud. Wherever the pillar stopped, they pitched their tent and camped. Manna was sent right there by the Lord. Don’t be rigid. Heavenly manna is coming right to where you are and His mercies and blessings will follow you!
Mathew 4:25-25 Great multitudes followed Him—from Galilee, and from [a]Decapolis, Jerusalem, Judea, and beyond the Jordan.
There followed him a great multitude. Multitudes followed Him.
Mathew 5:1- And seeing the multitudes, He went up on a mountain, and when He was seated His disciples came to Him.
- There were multitudes following Jesus till the mountain. There were crowds for healing, for food and for miracles; But the disciples went up to be with HIM. “No matter where you go, Lord, I will come after you”
- Some people are standing at the base of the mountain but there are a few who will say, Lord, I will go with You. I will do what You tell me to.
The multitudes will always come to the base of the mountain but the disciples will go to the mountain tops.
- Crowds will login only when there is a problem or they need a promotion but the disciples will say, Jesus you are greater than my blessing. I want to sit with You, I want to follow You. You are one that matters to me. There is no one like my Jesus!
Mathew 6:33-33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all thesethings shall be added to you.
- First things first. The disciples sought the FIRST, the second and the third aspects were the focus of the multitudes. But if you seek the FIRST, the second and the third will be anyway added! • The disciples wanted to be trained of the Lord.
Nobody can follow Jesus to the top of the mountain and be the same!
Genesis 22:5-5 And Abraham said to his young men, “Stay here with the donkey; the [a]lad and I will go yonder and worship, and we will come back to you.”
- Are you a child of the Highest? If so, you will go up to the mountain but if you are a servant you will be at the base of the mountain. If you are a son, you will go up. Today many servants are at the base. But sons will go up!
What matters is the Presence of God. Not ministry, not job, not blessings but the Lord.
- If the servants would have been asked to go up to the mountain, they would have had to re negotiate their salaries with Abraham. Going up the mountain was not a part of the agreed plan. • There are many people who will serve God and ask ‘what will I get by serving Him?’ Many people in the church are at the base of the mountain. They are looking to what they can get. “Pastor, what will I get if I get baptized?”
God did not put you at the bottom of the mountain, you decided to stay there. You only want the bread. The multitudes want only the miracles!
There are minsters who minster only for the bread! However, there are some who make God bigger than the ministry. “I am you child Lord Jesus, I am your child”
You are a child of God. Follow your Father. Follow Jesus Christ till the very end!
- INGREDIENT 2- MYRRH
- Myrrh is what makes the anointing bitter. If you have to rule and decree as royalty, you have to know how to handle seasons that are bitter. Bitter seasons don’t mean that God has left you but there are such seasons where we are discouraged, where people speak against us, and we go through disappointments.
A man of God heard God’s voice and conducted a meeting for three days in obedience to God’s voice, but nobody turned up for that meeting. But there was one young man for all these three days. The Man of God was disappointed and he said, “Lord why?” But he faithfully preached to
that one man on all three days. Do you know that person was? Morris Cerullo, who won 2 billion souls for the Kingdom of God.
- Today you might not be seeing your blessing and that’s why you are bitter but your God knows your future and He knows what is ahead of you.
Many times, I have had similar experiences. I went to Ranchi knowing nothing. I just obeyed and went to conduct my first meeting there. There were about 20 people and I wasn’t even sure if someone will attack me or kill me!
- The Word says that when two or three are gathered, Jesus is there! So, we preach and we worship. Why should we care about how many people are there as if we are something great? If Jesus is there, that is enough! This morning, you glorify God even during your bitterness.
Job 9:18- He will not allow me to catch my breath, But fills me with bitterness.
- Job was a man who feared God. He had purposely kept his life from wickedness. But there was a bitter season in his life. And in this season, he kept his integrity and faith in God. “Even if you slay me, I will trust in You”, he said.
Some of you are going to experience a season shift, cling to Jesus and He will change your situation.
Job 42:10-10 And the LORD[a]restored Job’s losses when he prayed for his friends. Indeed,the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before.
There is no situation too bad for God to turn it around.
When Job prayed, things were restored. There no situation too bad that God can’t turn around, no
mountain too high that God cannot move it. No bitterness that God can’t change. There is bitterness in the anointing mix.
- INGREDIENT 3- CINNAMON
This too is a plant. It has a sweet smell. It is bitter in taste but still smells nice. In life, even if you have some bitter moments, there is sweetness in Jesus. Don’t pay attention only to the bitterness but look at the sweetness. People think that minsters of the gospel do not have any pain in life but the truth is that God doesn’t allow their pain to be manifested outside. God’s anointing will protect them and keep them.
I am an eagle and when the storm comes, I will fly high
Proverbs 13:19- A desire accomplished is sweet to the soul, But it is an abomination to fools to depart from evil.
The Holy Spirit says that in the months of October, November and December, you will see a manifestation of the desires that you have just the way the you have wished for!
Delight yourself in the Lord and he will grant you the desires of your heart. Get ready for that!
God is in charge but He has put you in charge. That is what the anointing does. In your homes, in your domains, in your offices, God has kept you as kings and queens.
Judges14: 3-7- 3 His father and mother replied, “Isn’t there an acceptable woman among your relatives or among all our people? Must you go to the uncircumcised Philistines to get a wife?” But Samson said to his father, “Get her for me. She’s the right one for me.” 4 (His parents did not know that this was from the Lord, who was seeking an occasion to confront the Philistines; for at that time they were ruling over Israel.) 5 Samson went down to Timnah together with his father and mother. As they approached the vineyards of Timnah, suddenly a young lion came roaring toward him. 6 The Spirit of the Lord came powerfully upon him so that he tore the lion apart with his bare hands as he might have torn a young goat. But he told neither his father nor his mother what he had done. 7 Then he went down and talked with the woman, and he liked her. 8 Some time later, when he went back to marry her, he turned aside to look at the lion’s carcass, and in it he saw a swarm of bees and some honey.
- In Judges 14, we see that Samson has been anointed and wished to marry someone. Verse 5 says that in the middle of the journey a young lion roared against him. That small lion must have told him that he cannot marry.
- There is oil on my head. Whatever be the obstacle, maybe it is time to be married, or start a new job or a new business or have children. When the obstacle comes against those in the form of young lions (enemies), like samson, tear it apart like one would tear apart a piece of paper.
There is oil on my head!
- Hindrances to my children, my job, my family life and every other young lion will be destroyed by the oil that God has sent forth upon me. It can be an opposition or something against you also Acts 27 says that the wind was against (contrary)!
- But the Anointing oil is upon you and so you must declare, “I am the king’s daughter, I am royalty. I have the favour of God. I am highly esteemed of the Lord. I will tear every enemy.” • Obstacles come when you are about to move forward, but you have the oil to break it off. • I refuse to be stopped. I refuse to be intimidated. I am a King’s daughter/ son. Whatsoever comes as a hindrance, I will tear it apart.
As men you are equals but when the anointing comes down, you are set apart
Judges 14:8: there is a sweetness inside
- I have that authority. You have to kill the lion before to get to the honey. The lion is supposed to be stronger but who is stronger? YOU! (out your name there) because of the oil. • I am stronger, Christ within me is the hope of glory. Greater is the one who is in me than the one in the world.
You will eat honey out of that destroyer. The Destroyer will give you honey. Get into that kind of royal favour this morning! I am stronger than my strongest enemy because Christ is within me.
Because of the anoint oil, I will not be intimidated. You are royalty and you are the king’s daughter and many will come to seek your favour. That is the season that GOD has kept for the church.